Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 32: Seattle is Growin'

Devie! Your lettuce looks like lettuce! I see a peaking radish and that beautiful picture with the raindrops. You are such a photographer! I LOVE your plants.

We have had a LOT of rain here in Seattle, so I'm not totally sure I should take credit for the growth of my beautiful plants. In fact my basil is not fairing so well. I got the healthiest plant I could find, but I may need a new one in a few months, or maybe the tomatoes are too moist. I haven't figured it out yet, but we'll see. But, besides that minor setback (I use basil the most in the kitchen so I want a lot of it)... oh yeah! And the beans. What can I say about the beans. They aren't growing! That's what I can say. I read up on beans and although the packet they came in says they should be sprouting by now, beans in general take a long time. I am keeping that pot the most moist so I'm just going to hold out hope. Who knows, maybe he's the late bloomer (yes, he) and he'll taste the best! Well, at least that's what I'm telling myself, despite Devon's chiding. But besides all that check out how the rest of the garden is thriving...

I think we should use some of our cilantro, it's out of control! Burritos this weekend sounds amazing, or maybe some vegetarian chili. I can't believe it's April and I'm already eating my work!




My catnip has finally bloomed! Hallelujah!














My blueberries are blooming on those sticks I bought (haha) and look beautiful. I can't wait for them to grow! And my spinach are cute little V's.

Not sure you can really tell here, but my strawberries are flowering! There are 3 white blooms on the plant. I'll get more pictures as they get bigger. Beautiful!

And my lettuce is getting bigger! They are my favorite, really. Cute little clovers with purple edging. I can't see eating them or thinning them out, which should probably happen soon, what do you think?
And the maters are getting bigger, well, the plant is, no maters yet.

I'm having a lot of fun watching them grow. With my first sprout of catnip the beans are my only outstanding green. I'm jealous of Devon's progress (yeah, Devon, I'm jealous) but at least I can start eating haha. I've decided. It's burritos.


No comments:

Post a Comment