Sunday, July 17, 2011

Seattle- Invasion of the Mopeds

What happened to summer?! Apparently this just isn't Seattle's year for sun. And, after all of my beautiful, patient weeks waiting for my green to grow I now have a fiance who lives in the apartment full time. What does that mean, you ask? Aren't you happy, you ask? I'm thrilled! It just so happens that his hobbies need to be done outside and he loves being home so now our patio is a garden/garage for wrenching on mopeds!!! So the patio has been taken over by wrenches, two stroke oils, allen keys, bolts, nuts, you name it. But I love having my man home so I'm happy to share.

Invasion of the mopeds!

Despite the dance for space on the patio the garden is doing pretty well. We have had some cold, rainy days and I think that has actually helped the garden. It's also a really good thing that I didn't get plant envy on Devon's peppers and tomatoes and just plant them anyway. They would have never sprouted, especially this year.  
Thyme flourishes, but only in half of the pot

Hydrangeas are pretty in pink

Zucchini is getting HUGE

Basil is finally feeling its new pot

I also stopped off at the Home Depot this weekend to grab some paint for a chair I'm... painting, obviously. I picked up some oregano. I'm sick of waiting. Especially when Devon assures me it is a slow grower. I don't feel bad about cheating. I think oregano will forever be a transplant purchase. Just smelling it makes me want a burger.

Look at that Rapunzel tendril

And finally the spinach is growing! I don't know what happened this year. I think the soil being over saturated killed the first bit, then the weather (being semi-warm) just kept this new sowing from thriving. So I guess this cold, rainy weather was good for something because it's finally starting to look edible.

Spinach

Blueberries!

So, with T-minus three weeks until the wedding I'm looking forward to showing off a pretty patio, sans mopeds, of luscious green to the family. Maybe we'll have a blueberry to taste? We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment