Sunday, July 10, 2011

Chicago: Chicago Botanical Gardens

Hello all. I also am having trouble finding motivation to update the blog lately. My plants are growing well but I just haven't felt like updating you on the number of leaves the tomato has now or whether the basil is flowering. I do have a few picture updates though.
 The tomato plant has some blossoms which means tomatoes should be on their way!

 I also have a few strawberries! But, we left for a long weekend and the strawberry plant got a little singed in the hot summer sun. Hopefully it can be nursed back to health.


 We had a crazy hail storm the other day which made me nervous for all my plants. This was the extent of the damage though. Poor tomato.

But things are growing well over here in the Midwest. The tomato plants are getting big and everything is going great.

I also thought I would share a few pictures from the Chicago Botanical Gardens. The botanical gardens here are gorgeous and it is free to get in! You wouldn't believe how many different types of gardens they have. Joe and I spent a good 2-3 hours there and we didn't even come close to seeing all of them. I will just leave you with the beautiful pictures to enjoy.









Tomatoes galore!

The vegetable garden

No comments:

Post a Comment